From the stress of the project due in two hours to the struggle of trying to strengthen ones iman, life can get crazy. This is the account of one Muslimahs attempts, triumphs, and countless failures in her quest to balance college life.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A smile from a stranger

A short post (due to my homework overload) but here goes...

I believe we have all forgotten that love and kindness are stronger than hatred, that a smile is more powerful than a frown, and that a helping hand is never forgotten. 
Today, as i left my dentists office, i noticed the elderly man at the parking deck exit looked a little worse for wear. He came to remove the tag from my window and i thought, if i could just make him smile maybe his day would brighten up. And so, as i was paying him the fee, i looked up and smiled in my signature cheesy way and thanked him for parking my car. The poor man must have been used to dealing with ungrateful people because he looked quite perplexed. The odd look only lasted a mere second, replaced with a smile equally as cheesy as my own.
I drove away and as i looked in my rear view mirror, he was still smiling! I truly believe that all of those who are ungrateful or unkind to him will be forgotten and am confident that the next time i see him...he will  think of our little exchange and will remember me...the hijabi!  : D
Each smile, kind word, and pleasant expression is more powerful than we can ever know.
May the Muslims be the reason the world smiles Inshallah.

: D

5 comments:

  1. no maybesabout it
    we shall conquer the world with our cheesiness!!!!!
    let us smiley hijabis unite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. Made me smile, subhan'Allah! What a difference a smile can make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post gave me goosebumps loll i really liked it.

    Ayah Zaki told me about your blog . I will be frequently checking it out (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you aya! I enjoy the anonymity (to most at least lol) it keeps the comments unbiased and real :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiles are amazing. And well done! A smile really does go a long way. You'll always receive a warm response in return.

    A smile can hide and cure that sadness that lurks in every heart.

    It's medicine and a healer. Lets not forget, sunnah too!

    Smileeee :D

    ReplyDelete