From the stress of the project due in two hours to the struggle of trying to strengthen ones iman, life can get crazy. This is the account of one Muslimahs attempts, triumphs, and countless failures in her quest to balance college life.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Priority?

With only five weeks left in the semester I feel like I can keep up the studying and giving up hasnt even crossed my mind. I tell myself over and over YOU ARE IN THIS FOR THE LONG HALL YOUNG LADY! But something is off.
When it comes down to it... the common phrase for what im feeling is basically peer pressure. It's funny I've always been confident and yet, I find myself feeling guilty and unsure for choosing to work and study over hanging out with the girls.
Why is this so? Why do i feel so guilty when someone looks at me like im doing something wrong? I might be busy but it's understandable right? Isn't it? Apparently not.
When I began writing this blog I hoped that highschool seniors would read it and think things over before they started college...prioritize and discuss their plans with friends and family. But now I look forward to hearing the advice of my blogger sisters and brothers rather than being the one to voice my opinion.
Life is both confusing and humbling...
Comments and criticism(constructive would be great!) is much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh peer pressure! been there, done that! Each one of us had gone/will go through the same phase as it's part of growing up. So it's normal to feel pressured, every now and then and it's OK. Cos at the end of the day everything just boils down to our own belief and act. So just listen to what you and your loved ones have to say and more importantly, to istikharah. He will show us the way inshaAllah =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear i shall relay to you what i heard of Mustafa Hosny...
    he says, never let yourself be a means for another in their own path
    achieve your dreams and tread your own path for Allah swt to be great,
    because if you let yourself be a means for another, you won't let yourself get anywhere
    maan it sounded so much better in 3arabi -.-
    but i will tell you this, love,
    there's a differenence between treading yoru own path and wavign to people on their own roads
    and between one walkign their own path and yelling "heyy" without looking up
    hope that helped ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. May Allaah give you patience and success sis! I think we all handle this a little bit everyday in our own regular lives, even outside of dealing with the additional stresses of college. Do we study tajweed or do we chat with our girlfriends, do we attend the aqeedah course or sleep in after fajr on Saturdays. Then to add responsibility of college courses on top of that. You are very very strong and I applaud you for what you've achieved so far. Keep it up, sometimes our sisters want well for us, but you need to want what is best for yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. salaam dear, everyday i alwys feel like this!, since im a loner ,most of the time i spend blogging n chatting with my fiance, there is time i feel like i wana quit studying n just work, i cant just do dat, my parent wants me to b successful, b more independent n have a better life, dats da only thing dat motivate me :) n also alwys pray to Allah for having a batter life n a better people around u inshaallah

    Silla

    ReplyDelete