From the stress of the project due in two hours to the struggle of trying to strengthen ones iman, life can get crazy. This is the account of one Muslimahs attempts, triumphs, and countless failures in her quest to balance college life.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Best Muslim (?) out there!

 Last monday my studio critic waltzed in  and made our class take a personality test. We all stared at her for a minute and figured what the hay why not let's humor the lady. When we finished she collected the papers and went back to critiquing our latest designs as usual...no comment whatsoever 
Today,one week later... A very nice man with a few PHD's(lol) came in and psychoanalyzed us based on the results. Without any previous knowledge he decided I am either an architect or an industrial designer. I was impressed being that he was spot on but not impressed enough to be convinced. I guess he could tell because he sat there and gave me a breakdown of my tendencies, the type of people that would make good friends for me (completely accurate), the type of spouse that would suit me(Allahu a'lam) and a laundry list of characteristics that were so...me.  
So where am I getting with this?  My train of thought today(more like everyday) is pretty random so im actually not completely sure, but I felt like the whole ordeal just furthered my motivation to be great. Not great as in  Ceasar-Napoleon-take-over-the-world-great but more like the best at anything I do because it is my Islamic duty kind of great.
I always feel a sense of happiness and victory when I surprise  a professor or the deen of something (there's too many of them really) by showing them that I too can be outspoken and strong. It makes them realize that this girl is Muslim and she can really hold her own. Isn't it time that we show the world what were made of. There is a new generation of engineers, writers, political scientists, journalists, lawyers, doctors, architects, designers, and guess what? THEY ARE INTERESTING AND DYNAMIC YOUNG MUSLIMS! Bet you weren't expecting that one!
Tell the world what you are...if your in public relations then be the Best PR manager out there. If you design spoons then make it the coolest spoon in circulation! 
And as long as you are Muslim remember that you do your best not for anyone but Allah. Hold true to that and you will not be let down. You may struggle but it is never in vain. 
 
P.s- while I'm on my ranting spree... Be the best son or daughter, brother or sister, parent, friend, spouse, and any other position You may hold. 
Be the best because Allah (swt) told us to. 

5 comments:

  1. SPOONS!! :)
    wonderful post my dear.
    Blue and White <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to you to forget the message and focus on the spoons
    That's exactly why we are blue and white
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is our senior year all over again
    ....
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true...wish i had a copy of that article i wrote about Muslim Renaissance Men.
    Good times...amazing actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post! We will never regret being better and making more effort if we focus on Allah! I was talking to a friend of mine who is not religious at all and it was hard to tell her that she would never regret anything good she does or any extra effort she makes with the intention of being good because without Allah being a factor because in reality, a person could regret time spent on something good if the outcome was not what they wanted. Think they wasted their time and energy...

    Anyway, great message! :)

    ReplyDelete