From the stress of the project due in two hours to the struggle of trying to strengthen ones iman, life can get crazy. This is the account of one Muslimahs attempts, triumphs, and countless failures in her quest to balance college life.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bismillah Alrahman Alraheem

Blog 1

It's days like this one that make me certain Allah has created the coffee bean strictly for me. Last night I slept at 3'oclock for no reason at all and woke up late....only to walk out of my house and into near monsoon weather... Yay!
Anyway, so here is a little about me.
I'm a young American muslimah and, having lived here most of my life my culture is that of an American. I wouldn't call my level of iman great for it is barely hanging on. I cover well, i don't mingle with the opposite gender, but i struggle with myself constantly and, while i know my battle is not in vain, at times my armor does crack.  
I'm a college freshman (class of 2014?   2016?  Maybe even 2017?) studying industrial design. I'm part of a #? year program leading to my masters in I-Design Inshallah. My first two months of college can be summed up in one word...MORE.
More work, more fun,more stress, more food (not a good thing), more traffic, and my least favorite, more awkward situations. (Just so you know, my life is defined by awkwardness and irony, which makes it very entertaining for anyone but me)
For now that's about it but Inshallah next time the real stuff starts... The stress, the struggle to strengthen my iman, the social life (or lack thereof), the parental expectations, and the moments that make life interesting.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dear friend
    i must say you sum up your current situation here as you would to anyone who may or may not know you
    very entertainingly done
    esp the bit about ur life as an ironic awkwardly situated form of entertainment for others
    -quite honestly that makes the rest of our lives seem quite dull by comparison
    bismillah <3

    ReplyDelete