From the stress of the project due in two hours to the struggle of trying to strengthen ones iman, life can get crazy. This is the account of one Muslimahs attempts, triumphs, and countless failures in her quest to balance college life.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Allah sends us little gifts all the time

Like I mentioned in my first post, I spend a good hour ever day stuck in traffic and Today was no different. As I was sitting there lost in my own head, I noticed a plant by the side of the road. Being a design student makes you look for certain things like imperfections and mismatched patterns and colors... And so I analyzed and searched for something that didn't fit only to realized that... This little plant was absolutely beautiful and perfect. Oranges and reds mixed with a purple I had never seen on any flower before. I could think of nothing else to say than subhanallah; Allah has given us endless gifts of beauty and yet we see only the minimal and even then, are looking for any glitch in the system. But there are no glitches in Allah(swts) system...
... then someone honked at me and I realized i was blocking traffic :)

1 comment:

  1. i daresay there is something very disturbign about our connexion
    needless to say, then,
    i understand your sentiments exactly

    ReplyDelete